Chicago Recycling Centers Make Electronics Recycling Easier
Since Illinois banned electronics from landfills, residents have struggled with what to do with their old pieces. As technology continues to advance, purchases are made to replace obsolete equipment, but what options do consumers have for disposing of that old equipment once it’s not longer useful to them?
Electronics Disposal Options
E-waste is a huge problem for businesses in Chicago. In addition to internal data security concerns and protocols, there is the bigger question of just what to do with all that old equipment. Electronics contain many metals, components, and chemicals that can cause environmental damage, which is why they cannot just be tossed in the dumpster anymore. But most businesses have neither the storage space nor the inclination to save every obsolete piece of equipment. Disposal options come down to:
- Some retailers will accept a limited number of electronics for recycling, but not all electronics are accepted and there may be a limit as to the number of pieces the retailer will accept. It is also not practical for businesses to haul their old equipment to a retail drop-off location, which makes retailer-recycling services better suited to individual consumers.
- Chicago Recycling Centers. Recycling centers fill a need for e-waste collection, disposal and recycling, but again, not every company will accept all types of electronics waste. Those that do accept electronics provide a great service to businesses by offering scheduled pick-ups, accepting materials at drop-off locations and continually adding new electronics to their list of accepted items.
Let Combined Resources Inc. Relieve You Of Your E-Waste
Combined Resources, Inc. is a Chicago recycling centers that accept many forms of e-waste for electronics recycling. We can manage any job, big or small, from a one-time pick-up of a few items to major IT asset disposition. We also offer hard-drive destruction to protect your data.
Depending on the electronics being disposed of, we may be able to find a reseller for the equipment, but in most cases we will work with our network to disassemble pieces, collect usable parts, and recycle non-usable parts.
Examples Of Electronics That Can Be Recycled
You may be surprised by what can be recycled these days. Not that many years ago there was not much that could be recycled when it came to electronics but as technology for new products advanced, so has end-of-life technology. Today we can recycle almost any type of electronic equipment including:
- Fax Machines
- DVD Players and VCRs
- Mice and Keyboards
- Cell Phones
- Gaming Systems
- Security Systems
- Speakers, Stereos, and Music Players
- Cable boxes and Modems
- Extension Cords and Chargers
- Mainframes, Servers, and Data Center Equipment
- Industrial Equipment and Machinery
Contact Combined Resources, Inc. For A Free E-Waste Audit
CRI can help you manage your electronic waste and work towards a zero percent landfill. Contact us at 855-782-8490 to schedule a free e-waste audit. We pride ourselves on our innovation and response to customer challenges so if you’ve had little success with other Chicago recycling centers, we may be just the solution you need.
Comments are closed.